Tuesday 27 September 2016

Thomas Henley, Taekwondo Athlete, Student, YouTube and Aspergers Syndrome.

 
 
 
 
My name is Thomas Henley and I'm an International Taekwondo Athlete, University Science Student and YouTuber! Studying Biomedical Sciences at the University of Manchester (UK), I make regular Gaming, Autism advice, Fitness, Diet and Taekwondo videos for my channel. These videos are catered to anyone who wants to enjoy some funny gaming videos and some quality, EASY to follow tutorials.
 
My YouTube Channel can be found at the following link https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC0VOu3k-sTNze2TioZUfvNA
 
I am also a Fighter Ambassador for  Fighting For Autism.
 
 
 
As a Taekwondo athlete I have am pleased to say I am 2x National British Champion, Commonwealth Champion and Male Fighter of the Commonwealth Championships. I have also represented GB Taekwondo at the European U21 Championships in the -80kg category.
 
 
Living with Aspergers Syndrome (an Autistic Spectrum Disorder) has many challenges such as difficulty in social situations, uncertainty in reading facial expressions. In my life the hardest thing to deal with was my ability to understand my own emotions, which lead me to become very depressed and anxious. In the present day I can say I'm very happy with my life, however do frequently have to deal with constant anxiety
.
The Fighting for Autism campaign suits me very well; Taekwondo has allowed me to battle my anxiety, depression and self-esteem issues head on and ultimately made me a more social and confident person.
The Silver Medal that Thomas won this weekend at a Taekwondo Competition in London
 

No comments:

Post a Comment